11.10.11

printed-ink (part 1)

A while ago I started a little tumblr called printed-ink. With the help of collaborators, I post pictures of the written word: scans from books, screen-grabbed quotes, fragments of poetry, etc. Anything that could be inspiring, because I can never get enough of stories, books & narratives.

Here are some of my favorite from the blog:
(click the above link for more)

(The Wood Wife, by Terri Windling)

(Ocean Sea, by Alessandro Baricco)

(The Lost Garden, by Helen Humphreys)

("A Scandal in Bohemia", by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)

(The Book of Magic, by Neil Gaiman)

(The Bell Jar, by Sylvia Plath)

7 comments:

  1. That is so funny! I had no idea you had a tumblr like that, yet months ago I thought about making one with the same objective! It never happened because I don't have the time for tumblr, so I am pleased to see there is already one like it. :)

    And it looks lovely! I may have to submit an image or two, since I have a few floating around on my hard-drive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These quotes are scrumptious. Somehow, seeing blocks of prose scanned in like this makes them appear even prettier to the eye. I want to hold every individual word in the palm of my hand. Neil Gaiman will always be a favourite; everything that man writes is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. divine tumblr. i think there's something a little different about reading words as they are printed in books, as opposed to typed out. I don't know why that is, really. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely idea for a tumblr! I shall follow now. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely idea, just this little snippet gave me endless inspiration. I will have to take a closer look at your wonderful tumblr, it is no surprise that such beauty would come from the mind of one such as yourself <3

    ReplyDelete